Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Security Blanket....

It has been a while since my last post. During this time the children and I have made some changes.

The kids have started a new school as well as mommy has started a new job. Jenna Bean has started girl scouts. With each of these changes I find that I as a person have sought new coping mechanisms. Whether it be setting time aside in my day to read a new book, or forcing myself to socialize with those around me when what I really want to do is bury my head in the sand.

I have found myself seeking guidance through prayer more and more these past few months. Using that as my own personal security blanket. Telling myself that God has a plan for all things. Even if I don't understand what that plan is. I have to remind myself in his time. Not mine.

As I write these words I realize that I was struggling not just with my security, but Mason's as well. While he struggles with how to relate to others and would rather stay isolated where he feels comfortable. I keep asking myself which is right? To let him stay isolated as not to cause him stress. Or to push him. To make him uneasy knowing that he has to learn to cope with change somehow. I think the answer is somewhere in the middle. Letting him retreat away from the world is not going to do him any favors. While pushing him into uneasy situations which cause him too much stress is not the answer either.

I think about how God pushes us sometimes subtly. Sometimes not so much. But he is always there when we fall. That is how I want to be there for my children.

1 comment:

  1. I pray a lot as well. I pray that I will be the best mother my kids can possibly have. I have prayed that God will show me how to help my precious little Aspie. I pray that God will bless and further my book about my little Aspie, Cameron's Journey, and that He will use me and my book as a blessing to others.
    I know what you mean when you say that you don't always know what is best, to push him into situations in which he is not entirely comfortable, or to shelter him in the comforting warmth of home. Sometimes my instincts to protect him are in conflict with what I know to be best for him.
    We are all on this journey together. We will support one another and encourage each other every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Frog Community