Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Thursday, September 23, 2010

God-1.....Monster-0

Earlier I asked "Now that we are grown, where do we turn when things in the night scare us?"

There are many places we as grown-ups turn to for comfort. Today I turned to God. Since 4 a.m, after my "monster" went bump, I sent up little prayers all throughout the day. I prayed for my child as well as myself. I prayed and asked the Lord to chase away today's monster from underneath my bed. I asked him to give me answers but also to provide the strength to deal with the answers I would receive no matter what they might be.

On the drive to Weatherford to see my parents, I prayed. On the drive to Cook's, I prayed. In the waiting room, I prayed. When the Neurologist told me that my son would be fine and that his "abnormal" EEG was normal as far as autistic children went, I felt a sigh of relief.

But that wasn't all the Lord showed me today. While my father prayed over our table at the restaurant, I said my own prayer. I thanked my personal monster-chaser for looking out for my child and for me, but not just for that.

I thanked him for reminding me that my child was beautifully and wonderfully made.

Just the way God intended him to be.

1 comment:

  1. this almost brought tears to my eyes Mo, I'm so very glad that he is OK! as many issues as i have with "religion" i have to agree that God is the very best monster-chaser=)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Frog Community