Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things that go bump in the night!

As children we were always afraid of things that go bump in the night. The monster under the bed. The nightmare that plagued us. Most of us knew where to turn when the things in the dark scared us. We cried out for mom and dad and they would come running. They would turn on the light and check the bed and the closet and tell you that there is nothing to be scared of in the dark. Sometimes they would even let us crawl in between with teddy.

Now that we are grown, where do we turn when things in the night scare us?

With Masons neurology appointment looming over my head, I went to sleep last night with stress and worry on my mind. Running through my head was all of the not so good things that could come. As a child would, I had a nightmare and for someone who hardly ever dreams it was very strange to me. I awoke in the middle of the night sobbing with tears running down my face. Needless to say when I realized it was a dream I felt a little foolish. However it didn't make the possibility of the nightmare becoming real go away. Although most don't admit it, I venture to say that most parents at one time or another have felt the fear of the nightmare coming true.

Although the things that go "bump" for us are not the same as when we were children. That feeling is still the same.

We will soon to be heading out to face "my" monster under the bed.

1 comment:

  1. The IQUAS are here to help you through your nightmares we love you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Frog Community