Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Gotta Laugh When You Need to Cry..

Today my son reminded me that nothing I own is sacred. After my husband and I spent a ridiculous amount of money on a new surround sound system for the living room. We sat all of our children down and explained to them once again that the items on the entertainment center were off limits. Recently the children have been doing good at remembering what is okay for them to touch and what isn't. It is taking work but they are learning.

This morning as I got out of the shower my Jenna bean came running up to me. "Mama mama," she said. "Mason stuck a toy in the hole." My first thought was what now. Apparently, when you become a parent showering in peace is not part of the agreement. I asked her to show me what hole she was talking about. She ran in to the living room and pointed at the sub woofer that went to the new surround sound system and told me "Mason put Pinocchio in the hole."

I sighed and grinned when I realized that Pinocchio would forever be deaf!

Once again I managed to make myself laugh when I wanted to cry.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, laughing is sometimes what we need...and as mothers we really have a chore at times to make lemonade that emits laughing gas from the lemons we are given :) Smiles...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Frog Community