Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Asperger's Syndrome Diagnosis possibly removed!

For those of you who read my blog and whose children have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, some new information has been brought to my attention. I have done some checking and after receiving an e-mail from Mason's psychiatrist who gave him his diagnosis of Asperger's Syndrome I have learned that it is true. It has been proposed by the American Psyciatric Association that Asperger's Syndrome be removed from the list as a diagnosis. While this was upsetting to me at first. I did some more checking and although it will sadden me that I will be no longer be able to call my son an aspie, I do believe this change is for the best. I believe it will enable our children to recieve better care and services in the long run. Please be aware that is change is not official yet only proposed. When I hear if it has been made official I will let everyone know. If you would like more information please visit the link below or contact your mental health professional.

http://http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2695965/dsmv_aspergers_syndrome_to_be_eliminated.html?cat=5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Frog Community