Mason and Mommy

Mason and Mommy

Monday, August 10, 2009

Girls! Forget it!


So along with all off the hard times that come along with having a child with Asperger's Syndrome. There are some times that make you laugh and make you smile. Once such thing happen the day of Mason's kindergarden Valentine's Day party. I waited by the front door for Mason like I always do. When he came out the door with a very puzzeled look on his face and something in his hand. When I asked him what the matter was he held out his hand and started crying. In his sweet little hand was a bag of candy. I smiled real big and asked Mason what the problem was and why he was crying. He told me that a little girl had given him candy and he didn't know why. I hid my laughter as I conforted him and explained to him that the little girl had given him candy to be nice to him because she wanted to be his friend. It breaks your heart but at the same time his quirks is what make him uniquely Mason.

3 comments:

  1. My 10year old has aspergers and he says the funniest things ever. He says them cause he hears them some were and doesnt know they are funny until we laugh. Then he says them all day long over and over. Then it gets old lol. Hope all is well with you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawn, my husband still does that to this day. I will tell him a joke I heard and he will think it's hilareous and then he will tell everyone he sees that joke over and over until I wish I had never mentioned the joke. lol. and usually he tells it wrong and I know he's telling it wrong and they know it too but we smile and laugh anyways....It's so funny but annoying too. And he gets stuck on creating a character for this game or another and I have to sit there and listen for weeks all about it and then I get asked my opinion aboout it and I'm like I don't know what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mason does things like that too....but It is all part of who he is and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Frog Community